God never gives up on making something beautiful out of our lives.
It was an encouraging reminder to keep moving forward, to keep looking for all the goodness and kindness and beauty in the world, and to keep finding ways to give back.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 (20 oz) package JennieO lean ground Turkey (all natural, gluten free)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 20 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- In blender, combine sour cream and chipotle pepper. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey as specified on package, making sure it is well done. Stir in spices and ¼ cup of water. Cook over medium low heat until water has evaporated.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with all of the taco ingredients and top with sour cream mixture and pico de gallo.
- (To make taco bowls, just bake your tortillas in these taco molds at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy)
I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.