"Great taste means starting with something authentic and letting its true expression come through."
In order for me to be authentic and to really be in integrity with myself, I have to take responsibility for my situation and do my very best to live within my means. But sticking to a strict budget doesn't mean I have to sacrifice good taste. In fact, I am finding that I feel most authentic when I get creative, which my financial situation often forces me to do.
This commitment feels difficult sometimes, especially when I'm craving a favorite dish or drink. I know, however, that I will ultimately feel better about myself when I stay true to my goals. And when I know that I am living with integrity, I am better able to let my great taste shine.
This delicious cranberry drink recipe is the product of some great taste mixed with authenticity! One of my favorite local restaurants, Flying Star Cafe, makes a great drink they call "The Red Stuff." It's my favorite! A hint of mint and fruit, tart and tangy, totally refreshing and absolutely delicious. Right now, my commitments keep me from purchasing the drink. But when I put my great taste to work, I was able to create my own version of the drink using wholesome, affordable ingredients that I can feel really good about.
Yes, it is possible to live the good life when you focus on being authentic and let your great taste shine!
Simply Orange Juice Company has launched a new product - Simply Cranberry Cocktail. Like all Simply products, Simply Cranberry Cocktail was built on the foundation that the first step to anything being wonderful is a great foundation. This truly delicious and healthy juice is the foundation for this recipe, and it's great taste really does shine!
Ingredients3 cups Simply Cranberry Cocktail
2 cups water
7 bags of Celestial Seasonings "Red Zinger" herbal tea
1 bag of Celestial Seasonings "Peppermint" herbal tea
DirectionsIn a glass jar or pitcher, heat 2 cups of water in microwave. Add tea bags, cover, and let sit at room temperature over night. Add 2 cups of cranberry juice and stir. Taste and adjust flavor/sweetness by adding more juice until it is your desired sweetness. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Prize Pack for One lucky winner (valued at $150):
- (2) Coupons redeemable for a 59. fl. oz carafe of Simply Cranberry Cocktail
- (1) Coupon redeemable for a 13.5 fl. oz carafe of Simply Cranberry Cocktail
- (1) Customizable Slate + Wood Serving Board from West Elm
- (6) Silver glass votive holders with unscented tea light candles from West Elm
- (1) One-year print subscription to Bon Appetit plus current issue
- (1) $25 Gift card to Stonewall Kitchen
"How do you let your great taste shine?"
Extra Entries - Leave a separate comment for each of your entries:
- Follow Some the Wiser on Twitter and ReTweet the following: I just entered to win a #simplycran prize pack from @somethewiser #giveaway http://tinyurl.com/c2avrwc
- "Like" Simply Orange Juice and Some the Wiser on Facebook
- Follow Some the Wiser (Allison Ruth) on Pinterest and Pin this giveaway
The prize was provided by Simply Orange Juice Company, but Simply Orange Juice Company is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of Simply Orange Juice Company.